“Back to School” are probably the three most hated words strung together after enjoying a wonderful holiday.
Those who are super – organised get things sorted just as the schools break up to avoid facing it in the new year. Rushing around at the last minute is never advisable and is not a good way to start the year.
Here is a check list to assist parents and children in being fully prepared for going back to school.
- Back pack
- Lunch box
- Juice bottle
- Stationery ( ruler/ pens / Tippex / erasers / pencils / sharpener / highlighters / glue stick/ pair of scissors / stapler and staples / maths sets and a pencil case)
- Suntan lotion
- Sun hat
- Swim wear
- Uniform including socks / underwear / shoes and caps or hats if required
- Sports gear including outfit / shoes / caps and equipment
- Homework diary
- USB Memory Stick
- Books / files / paper and plastic sleeves
- Name labels
- A list of emergency numbers and personal contact numbers that your child may require
- Some money in case of an emergency or for use at the tuck shop
It is essential in the times in which we are living, to thoroughly brief your child with safety information and how to deal with various anxiety provoking situations.
May 2019 be a happy and successful year for all scholars starting Grade 1, completing their school career or those in the in between grades.
Encouragement, application and motivation are three key ingredients to assist your child in achieving the best that he / she is capable of. As a parent, showing interest and overseeing your child’s homework and assignments is paramount to ensuring his success and detecting any problems that may arise.