With travellers being spoilt for choice, Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs host a plethora of Guest Houses. Being situated in this area of Cape Town offers an array of benefits, not only to those who are travelling for rest and relaxation, or even sight – seeing, but for the business traveller as well.
Although not positioned along the Atlantic coast line with unparalleled views of Cape Town’s famous beaches, the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town offer a magnitude of charm in their own special and unique way.
- Surrounded by world famous wine estates, this offers travellers wonderful opportunities. Besides wine tasting and wine pairing, most wine estates offer picnic options, restaurants on site and some even host farmer’s markets of fresh produce and by products made by the locals.
- The hilly green areas offer magnificent views of the majestic Table Mountain.
- While many corporates have moved away from Cape Town’s CBD, they have infiltrated the Northern Suburbs and created their own metropoles.
- Cape Town International Airport is situated within 12 – 20 minutes of most guest houses in the Northern Suburbs. Many of the establishments offer shuttle services which provide great convenience to travellers located at nearby accommodation.
- Generally, accommodation is a lot cheaper in the Northern Suburbs, being slightly further away from the coast.
- The choices are a lot more diverse in terms of the type of accommodation on offer. Guest Houses may offer self – catering options, bed and breakfast, or a full-service including meals.
- It is very easy to find Guest Houses in the Northern Suburbs that offer conference facilities.
- One does not have to travel far from where one is staying in the Northern Suburbs to find a good balance of relaxing and fun activities. Some of Cape Town’s largest malls are located very close by and offer many dining options, cinemas, beauty Spas, hair salons and retail therapy of the widest variety. These are the famous Tygervalley, Cape Gate and Canal Walk malls that are varied, modern and diverse in what they have to offer.
- Public transport recommended is MyCiti Busses, Uber and Taxify.
- Open air theatres offering live entertainment, as well as movie options, are also to be found in the area.
- While the beaches and The V & A Waterfront are just two of Cape Town’s very many popular attractions, the convenience of being nestled between the N1 and the N2 major highways, makes for very quick access to these famous locations.
- The Northern Suburbs are neat, clean and tranquil and traffic is a lot less busy than along the coast, especially during peak season.
- Guest House operators are most willing to assist with organising tours and suggestions of what Cape Town offers in terms of tourist attractions. Cape Town is a magnificent city to visit any time of the year.
- Based in the Northern Suburbs also allows one very quick access to areas like Franschoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl which are steeped in history and immense character.
Whether one is visiting Cape Town for business or pleasure, the Northern Suburbs offer excellent value for money choices of comfortable, homely and luxurious accommodation. With so much to offer in Cape Town, one is never bored or at a loss for something to do or see.
By browsing the website as well as our Facebook Page, a myriad of choice accommodation awaits your enquiry and booking.